Sunday, January 29, 2012

With people, but feeling alone

I have blogged recently about my new church and how God is teaching me and my my family through the ministries of this church. I love Birchman Baptist Church and so thankful God led my family here. My family is growing spiritually and I praise God for the godly spiritual leaders of this church.

However, I am struggling in making friends and I'm a little discouraged as I sit in the cafe outside the church library while my kids are in their Girls In Action & Royal Ambassador missions class. I sit here watching people walk by and talking to one another I realize I don't know many people. It's hard. I feel alone.

I know as time goes on I'll begin to get to know more people, but for now it's hard.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I'm praying you make friends soon! Miss you and love you, my friend!

Debra Kenney said...

Thanks Diana.

I should have clarified that I do have a few friends there and I'm slowly making others. As it is anywhere some people are incredibly friendly and others are not. It's just hard when so many people walk past chatting away and I realize I only know about five people, who unfortunately were not those passing by. Plus, it always takes me a while to really get to know people. This will come as a shock, but I am shy (until you get to know me, that is).

I miss you too. Maybe some day soon it will work out for us to see each other. Love you sweet friend! :-)