Monday, June 11, 2012

Raising Your Children Without Raising Your Voice

Check out Raising Your Children Without Raising Your Voice by Elizabeth Owens.

…Wow!  Is that even possible? There is only one way that I know to do that.  It is to teach your children to have proper respect for the authorities God has placed over them, and then to teach them to obey the first time.
The first verse we ever had our children memorize was John 3:16.  The second was Ephesian 6:1, which states, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.”  Children being raised to love God and His Word learn from this verse that obedience to parents is something God commands them to do.


Continue reading here...

This article has challenged me as a parent.  I am thankful God is using it to redirect my own obedience towards Him, as well as showing me how to teach & model obedience to my kids.

No comments: