Tuesday, August 23, 2011

D6 Home Educators of Southeast Oklahoma

Today the kids and I attended our last D6 Home Educators of Southeast Oklahoma meeting.  I was so excited for our group this year as they've grown and were making some changes.  D6 is becoming more organized and starting to offer specific classes such as Creative Writing; Music; Arts & Crafts; Book Club; and possibly Spanish.  D6 is apart of the 4-H program and already working on projects for the McCurtain County Fair in September.

Last week Sebastian and I attended our D6 Mother & Son dinner held at Roma's Italian Restaurant in Idabel.  I enjoyed my date with Sebastian and the other mothers and sons. Next week is the Daddy & Daughter banquet, which is where the moms and sons prepare & serve dinner for the dads and daughters.  This occasion is a little more formal as our girl group is a little older than our boy group. We moms plan to get a more formal dinner with the sons in a few years.

I'm thankful we could still participate in the first couple events and were able to help plan out an incredible year.

We'll miss our D6 friends and wish them the best year ever!

No comments: