Monday, August 22, 2011

Thoughts, Emotions, & Reflections

I'm up uncharacteristically early today, because I can't sleep.  My mind is busy making lists of the many things I have to do over the next couple weeks, and I'm dealing with a variety of emotions as our family prepares to move.

I'm excited for the opportunity for Wes to attend seminary and the opportunity this affords our family.  I'm looking on with great anticipation of what God has in store for us during this next chapter of our lives.

As I look forward I also reflect on the chapter of life we're closing. 

It was in Valliant

  ~where Wes began his first pastorate. 

  ~where our TBC family loved and supported us.

  ~where Katherine & Sebastian will most likely consider their first home as they were 3yrs & 9 months when we moved here.

  ~where Katherine at three years old sat in church on a Sunday night listening to her daddy preach about Jonah and whispered to me "How does my daddy know about Jonah?" 

  ~where Sebastian began walking and talking.

  ~where Katherine & Sebastian raced down the driveway in their  little tikes cars and later on tricycles & scooters.

  ~where Katherine and I made her first emergency room visit.

  ~where K & S began loosing their baby teeth.

  ~where K & S learned to swim.

  ~where God carried me (and my family) through a physically & spiritually difficult situation.

  ~where Katherine attended kindergarten & first grade at Swink Public Schools.

  ~where K & S were apart of TBC Christmas programs & Vacation Bible School.

  ~where I discovered my passion for VBS and for training VBS leaders.

  ~where God placed in us the desire and opportunity to homeschool our kids.

  ~where God provided the opportunity for Wes to finish his bachelor's degree.

  ~where my beautiful daughter, Katherine, stood before the church and confessed her need for a savior and her faith in Jesus as Savior and Lord and was baptized.

  ~where our family made many wonderful memories with  the wonderful people of Trinity Baptist Church.

I'm excited and saddened all at the same time.  I treasure the memories of our time in Valliant, and I will leave with some awesome friendships.

No comments: