Saturday, August 27, 2011

Overwhelmed

Wes begins the ninety-one hour Master of Divinity degree program on Monday, August 29, 2011, at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.  He's taking thirteen hours this first semester and one of those classes is elementary Greek.

If taking thirteen hours wasn't enough pressure we've added moving and an uncertain employment future into the mix.  Wes and I know God is leading this move and our future, but there are days we struggle with the uncertainty and all the "what if's".     The last couple days have been filled with the struggles of uncertainty.  

I've been asking God for special encouragement for our family during this transitional and uncertain time.  Since Wes announced his resignation we've received cards of love and encouragement from family and friends.  Today two very godly and encouraging friends surprised us with a knock on our door.  We hadn't seen each other in several years, and I think I would have burst into tears when I opened the door if I hadn't been shocked to see them.  Oh what a special blessing and an encouragement they were to me and our family.  God overwhelmed me once again with his love for his children.

This morning I awoke with a heavy spirit of uncertainty, but this evening I lay uncertainty at the feet of Jesus and cling to the Almighty Father.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6 & 7  (ESV)




1 comment:

Dean said...

I know that God will reveal his plans for you guys in his time and I will continue to pray for this as well. Continue to be strong and faithful and He will open the doors. I love you guys. Dean