Thursday, February 10, 2011

Passion for God

God used the message below (via facebook) to speak to me.

A woman after God's own heart is first and foremost a woman who has in her own heart a deep and abiding passion for God's Word.  And her children are to receive the first-fruits of this burning personal passion.  The Bible speaks twice of "the law" or teaching of the mother (Prov. 1:8, 6:20), indicating that you and I as mothers are on assignment from God to teach His Word to our children.  We cannot impart what we do not possess, so it is vital that you and I nurture a fierce passion for God's Word and wisdom in our own heart.


 I was challenged & convicted concerning my passion for God and His Word, and the important responsibility God has given me as a mother.  My prayer is that this will challenge you to be more passionate in your relationship with Christ and passing that passion onto your children as it did me.

No comments: