Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful

I have been reading Joanne Heim's blog A Simple Wife since the end of November 2010.

On January 11, 2011, Joanne suffered a major stroke. Joanne is 38 years old!

Joanne and her husband, Toben, have two daughters, Audrey (12) & Emma (10).  I cannot imagine what they are going through, and I ask you to please pray for the Heim family.

Each day Toben list praises and prayer requests (A Simple Wife), and yesterday he ask prayer for Jeremy & Heather Noce, who are friends of friends.  Heather had an aneurysm / stroke a few weeks before Joanne, and they are in the same facility now.  Jeremy & Heather have two children 4  & 7.

As I read about Heather and Joanne my heart aches for their husbands and children.  My heart aches that these mother's are not able to put their kids to bed tonight or walk into their kids room to give them a big hug.  My heart aches for all the things I get to do with my kids today that these mother's can't.  My heart aches for all the mundane task like cooking dinner or doing laundry that these two moms would love to be doing today.

I hurt for these women and their families, and yet through their lives God is teaching me.  He is using their story to work in my life.

So tonight I will pray for these women and their families and thank God for the answered prayers for Joanne's health.  I will thank God for the opportunity to be a wife & mom.  I will thank Him for allowing me to be with them today and not in a hospital.  I will thank Him for my current health and my family's health.  I will keep in mind only God knows what tomorrow will bring, but He will also be the one to get us through it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just wanted to drop in & say, "hi"! Miss you guys & hope to see ya'll soon! :)