Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Haunted Questions of Today

So today I feel like a terrible mom and teacher.  I'm frustrated and worried.  I'm wondering if Katherine & Sebastian are where they should be academically.  I wonder whether I'm actually teaching them anything productive.  Are they really learning?  Am I a teaching them anything correctly?  Where are they compared to their friends in public schools?  Is Katherine still above average as she was when she attended public school?  What level is she on now?  Am I pushing Sebastian enough with his reading?  Is he building a strong foundation? 

Why am I doubting so much today?  Why am I so caught up in comparing myself (& my family) to others?

Today I'm discouraged and struggling.

I realize the problem is my lack of focus, self discipline, and structure.

I'm asking the Lord to draw me closer to Him and teach me how to be more disciplined with Him and with my family.

No comments: